The ideal work-at-home business would involve doing something you enjoy or that you find challenging. In compiling lists of ways to make money, I noticed that a lot of home-based businesses began as hobbies.
Hobbies that make money — or have the potential to do so — are especially attractive to stay-at-home moms, college students, senior citizens (retirees), and anyone else looking to make extra money in their spare time.
After doing a little research on the ways entrepreneurs are making money, I came up with the following list of hobbies that can and often do make money.
Visit this website* for more ideas and techniques for turning your hobby into a business.
List of Money Making Hobbies
- Photography [How to sell your photos online*]
- Jewelry designing and marketing; Starting an online store*
- Making and selling crafts*
- Selling hand-made items on Etsy
- Cookie business (Don’t eat all your profits!)
- Candle business*
- Soap business
- Creating spa and beauty products*
- Greeting card business
- Starting an art business
- Video game business
- Knitting and crocheting*
- Flea market business [Learn success strategies: 9-lesson video series and e-book*]
- Woodworking [Download woodworking plans, diagrams, videos, and apps*]
- Social media business: (Making money on Instagram)
- Make Candy Bouquets for Fun and Profit*
- Seven hobby farm ideas:
- Baking business [Check out these mouth-watering recipes!]*
- Writing from home: writing blogs, articles, web content, ads
Thanks for checking out my latest blog post on work at home/self employed business ideas, entrepreneurial strategies, and business startup tools and resources.
Keep in mind that all business ideas involve an element of risk, and that it’s always advisable to consult with a CPA or other experienced tax professional when setting up a business and preparing your tax returns.
Stay tuned to this blog for more lists of small business ideas, marketing strategies, and success principles.
Blogger, entrepreneur, online marketer
*Disclaimer: I am a compensated affiliate of some of the products, services, business manuals, membership websites, online courses, and other entrepreneurial resources featured on this blog. Unless otherwise noted, I do not endorse specific digital products or services.